1. English may not be the most spoken language in the world, but it is the official language in a large number of countries. It is estimated that the number of people in the world that use in English to communicate on a regular basis is 2 billion!
2. English is the dominant business language and it has become almost a necessity for people to speak English if they are to enter a global workforce, research from all over the world shows that cross-border business communication is most often conducted in English. Its importance in the global market place therefore cannot be understated, learning English really can change your life.
3. Many of the world’s top films, books and music are published and produced in English. Therefore by learning English you will have access to a great wealth of entertainment and will be able to have a greater cultural understanding.
4. Most of the content produced on the internet (50%) is in English. So knowing English will allow you access to an incredible amount of information which may not be otherwise available!
Although learning English can be challenging and time consuming, we can see that it is also very valuable to learn and can create many opportunities!
Why is English important nowadays?
There are many reasons to learn English, whether it is for personal, study or work-related reasons.
- Communicate with people
English is the most commonly used language among foreign language speakers. Throughout the world, when people from different nationalities want to communicate, they commonly use English language. That is why we like to call it “the language of communication”. Moreover, speaking English will enable you to contact people from all over the world and to travel more easily.
- Push your career forward
All over the world, speaking English immediately opens up opportunities. Being able to communicate with foreign clients and business partners will provide you a more challenging position in your career.
You will also have the option to apply for jobs requiring English like for instance a Manager position. So get your dream job, start learning English!
- Get access to knowledge
English is also internationally recognized as the language of science. Most of the knowledge related to computer or health by example is in English. Being able to use English in your researches – especially on the Web - will give you unlimited access to knowledge!
- Enjoy art like never before
English lets you feel the culture of the world like no other language. Learning it will offer you the opportunity to do wonderful things.
English is the language of the Film industry and learning it means you will no longer have to rely on subtitles or dubbed versions. You will also be able to read books written by English-speaking authors in their original version. Last but not least, music is much better if you can understand the meaning. We are sure that you will be satisfied to enjoy English-language music more!
Moreover, English is an easy language to learn and to use. It is based on an alphabet and, compared to Chinese, it can be learned fairly quickly. So, learning another language isn't just about communication or professional purposes, it will also give you advantages you had never imagined.
Learning English can change your life for the better!